Tours are by prior arrangement and will only take place if there are two or more people in the party.
Tour Dates for 2017
The next out of town tours (Hemingway, Taro and Donnelly) will take place between
18 February – 5 March
8 April – 23 April
3 June -18 June
20 July – 8 September
21 October – 5 November
16 December – 7 January 2018
The tour in Madrid (Cornford) may be possible outside these dates
How long are the tours?
All tours start at 10.00
Tour 1 (Cornford): 2.5 – 3 hours
Tours 2 (Donnelly) , 3 (Taro) and 4 (Hemingway): 5-6 hours
Where to Meet? On arrangement, the tour leaves Madrid at 10:00 am from the principal entrance to Parque Debod, beneath the fallen soldier memorial. The Parque Debod entrance is at the junction Calle Ferraz with Paseo Pintor Rosales, opposite the Plaza de España (see photograph below). Tours return to the same drop-off point.
Our meeting point is here…..
Cornford tour – One person alone – €75. Two people – €45 per person. Three people or more – €40 per person. Bike hire of €10 per tour (subject to availability). This popular tour can be done on foot or by bicycle leaving from the centre of Madrid. The tour time is three hours.
Hemingway, Donnelly and Taro – tours €80 per person + €65 cost of travel (minimum 2 people) by car or minibus. Group/family discounts available.
Picasso/Guernica tour is a two day trip including transport from Madrid, accommodation and museums but not including meals. Please contact Spanish Sites for a price. Arriving or departing from Bilbao or Santander? We are happy to collect or drop off from these airports too.
School parties and university groups and families are very welcome – please contact us for discount group rates.
Please contact us on
(+34) 646 14 86 85
646 14 86 85
- The tours involve some walking/cycling so a reasonable level of fitness and appropriate footwear is advised.
- Temperatures will vary throughout the year – Madrid is nearly always sunny in summer but can get cold in winter. Please check the weather conditions (or ask us) and dress appropriately.
- There will be water on board but it is also advisable to bring a small bottle of water your own and some snack food.
- The Hemingway and Taro tours may include a light picnic lunch with local Spanish food and wine for an additional cost of €10 per person
- The tours do not include admission charges (where applicable).
Arrival/Departure in Madrid
Spanishsites is happy to offer a collection/drop off service from Madrid Barajas airport or main railway station to your hotel. Prices on request.