(+34) 646 14 86 85
646 14 86 85
Tour Dates for 2019
The next out of town tours (Ernest Hemingway and the sierra, Gerda Taro and the Brunete offensive and Charlie Donnelly and the battle of Jarama) will take place between
27 February – 10 March 2019
13 – 28 April 2019
7 – 23 June 2019
July – September 2019
The Madrid tour (John Cornford and Madrid’s Western front) may be possible outside these dates
How long are the walking tours?
All our walking tours start at 10.00
Tour 1 (John Cornford and Madrid’s Western front): 2.5 – 3 hours
Tours 2 (Charlie Donnelly and Jarama) , 3 (Gerda Taro and Brunete) and 4 (Ernest Hemingway and the sierra): 5-6 hours
Where to Meet? On arrangement, the tour leaves Madrid at 10:00 am from the principal entrance to Parque Debod. The Parque Debod entrance is at the junction Calle Ferraz with Paseo Pintor Rosales, opposite the Plaza de España. Tours begin at the fallen soldier memorial. (see photograph below). Tours return to the same drop-off point.
Our meeting point for all our tours is here…..
John Cornford tour – One person alone – €80. Two people – €45 per person. Three people or more – €40 per person. Bike hire of €10 per tour (subject to availability). This popular Madrid tour can be done on foot or by bicycle leaving from the centre of Madrid. The Madrid tour time is three hours.
Ernest Hemingway, Charlie Donnelly and Gerda Taro – tours €95 per person + €85 cost of travel (minimum 2 people) by car or minibus. Group/family discounts available.
Picasso/Guernica tour is a two day trip including transport from Madrid, accommodation and museums but not including meals. Please contact Spanish Sites for a price. Arriving or departing from Bilbao or Santander? We are happy to collect or drop off from these airports too.
School parties and university groups and families are very welcome – please contact us for discount group rates.
- The walking tours involve some walking/cycling so a reasonable level of fitness and appropriate footwear is advised.
- Temperatures will vary throughout the year – Madrid is nearly always sunny in summer but can get cold in winter. Please check the weather conditions (or ask us) and dress appropriately.
- There will be water on board but it is also advisable to bring a small bottle of water your own and some snack food.
- The Ernest Hemingway and Gerda Taro tours may include a light picnic lunch with local Spanish food and wine for an additional cost of €10 per person
- The tours do not include admission charges (where applicable).
Arrival/Departure in Madrid
Spanishsites is happy to offer a collection/drop off service from Madrid Barajas airport or main railway station to your hotel in addtition to our Madrid tours. Prices on request.